Starling at San Jose
Housekeeper Part Time
Performs housekeeping and laundry functions throughout the community in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as apartment homes, common areas, lounges and offices.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and stairways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamps, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
- Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, wood work, window frames and sills.
- Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
- Responsible for collecting, cleaning and redistributing the community laundry.
- Responsible for maintaining the commercial laundry in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Ensures cleaning chemicals are kept stored and locked when not in use.
- Ensures any cords, carts, equipment and other hazards are kept out of the way at all times, not blocking exits and in compliance with fire codes.
- Reports any needed repairs and supply and equipment needs to the Lead Housekeeper.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.